Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods...

... to Gran and Pop's house we went!  This past Friday, I was able to convince Mom to ride with me to Greenwood as I wanted an additional person in the car in case Wriston was a little fussy on the 2.5 hr ride.  Luckily, he slept the whole way there and back.  We had a nice visit with Gran and Pop.  Wriston slept while Pop held him but was a little more vocal with Gran.  We look forward to going back soon.  He is very lucky to have such wonderful Great Grandparents.

I never knew my grandfathers as both died before I was born.  My mom's mom died when I was two and my dad's mom died years later from pancreatic cancer.  When I started dating Stephen back in 2000, his Granny Shepherd and Gran and Pop took me into their family;  it was nice to feel like I had grandparents again.  Granny ended up passing away from a tragic car accident while I was in law school.  Stephen and I miss Granny (as well as the others who passed) dearly and hope she is proud of us and can be another guardian angel to watch over our Wriston.

FYI:  Many ask where the name Wriston comes from --- Wriston was Granny's husband's middle name (so, he would be Wriston's great grandfather Shepherd).  It also happens to be the middle name of Wriston's great-great grandfather Shepherd as well.

Stephen and I are thankful Wriston has such an extended family.  He is loved by so many people and we are SO very grateful.  He is such a wonderful addition to an amazing family.

1 comment: