Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love

I am totally in love... even more so with my amazing husband - I don't even know if amazing is good enough of a word to use when describing him.  He is such a calming force in my life.  Ya know the saying "opposites attract?"  Well, it could not be more true than for Stephen and I.  I consider myself a pretty social, outgoing, very vocal person who never meets a stranger.  I also wear my heart on my sleeve and am a little tooooo sensitive.  Stephen is the more introverted person who keeps his feelings inside.  While I freaked out at Wriston's ortho appointment, Stephen kept reassuring me that things would be OK and Wriston was only going to get better.  Sometimes a little reassurance is all I need.  


Wriston and his daddy
Other times, I find myself muting the TV upstairs to listen to the conversation between Stephen and Wriston... ya know, the private moments when Stephen doesn't think anyone is listening.  I must say - NOTHING is SWEETER than to hear a daddy talk to his son.  


People always say, after children, it's hard to imagine life without them.  So SO true.  Sure, the pre-W life included more sleep and more opportunities for us to jet out of town at a moment's notice (after assuring Ga had a babysitter).... along with more time for just Stephen and I, but the post-W life is so rewarding.  Looking into his beautiful blue eyes, seeing him smile or just hearing him coo/talk back to us makes my heart melt.  


I find myself asking how in the world I was blessed with such a cute, sweet and loving baby.  He.is.my.heart!

1 comment: