Thursday, March 31, 2011

Boo...

Wriston is handling his harness pretty well.  He slept his normal longer hours at night and still naps.  He did not cry or look uncomfortable in the harness.  I am pleased.

I took him out of the harness to change him the past two mornings.  Yesterday, he cried a little when I put the harness back on -- I think mainly because he was tired, but when he cried... I cried.  Then, tonight, after his bath, he cried after having it put on.  I mean CRIED.... with tears... rolling down the face.  BOO.  And because he cried... I almost cried (thankfully, I was able to hold back).

I joined a forum for parents of children with hip dysplasia.  I realized we are blessed.  While I hate W having to wear the harness, I am so thankful he is not in a cast.  Many of the parents dealt with their child's hip dysplasia not being discovered til their child was a few months older, which meant surgery and casts for several months.  Wriston is so resilient and I am so happy to see him still smile and laugh while wearing the harness.

Now, let's hope we make it through tomorrow OK as Wriston is due for his TWO MONTH shots tomorrow.

WOW... tomorrow I will have a TWO MONTH baby boy..!!!  (where does the time go?)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new blog layout! And HAPPY TWO MONTHS TO WRISTON!!!

    ReplyDelete