Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cancelled Trip!

So, right now, I should be in Charleston with the girls... getting ready to hit the beach... umbrellas and drinks in hand.  Instead, I am home and sick... life of a mom I suppose.  I've tried to kick this sickness for days now and I thought I was feeling better but then woke up yesterday to a horrible sore throat.  Therefore, the girls trip is postponed for a few more weeks.  A look at the brightside?  Spending more time with W and Stephen.  Wriston stayed out of daycare yesterday and we played!  (Note: Dr said I am no longer contagious) 

Stephen and I took Wriston to his 4 month check up on the 1st.  FOUR MONTHS!  Wow.  Turns out, Wriston weighs 15 lbs (50th percentile) and is 26 3/4 inches long (95th percentile).  He is a BIG baby!  To put this into perspective, according to Stephen's baby book, at 4 months, Stephen weighed 15 lbs, 4 oz.  His length is missing.  However, at 5 months, they wrote down Stephen was 27 1/4 in long. 

The Dr said there is a test you can do to figure out how tall your baby will be, but the accuracy varies between 6 inches - although the test is then about 90% correct.  He said the baby normally ends up in a height between the parents height.  So, Wriston can be anywhere from 5'4" to 6'6".  Let's face it - he's going to be much taller than his mommy.

Dr. B said he looks great and explained how we could start him on food.  I already explained to him a week ago (whenever we went for W's sick visit) that I started him on rice cereal at 16 wks.  Since then, Wriston ate bananas, green beans and squash (he LOVES it).  We're supposed to introduce 1 food for 3-4 days to check for any allergic reactions.  We're off to a great start.

How can you not love this 4 month, 15 lbs, 26 3/4 in boy?!!  He is AMAZING.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I just got caught up on your blog a bit. He is probably going to be tall like his daddy! Isn't it funny to think of him that tall while he is still now such a wee one?

    ReplyDelete