Saturday, May 28, 2011

1st Sickness!

Wriston is now 16 weeks, 4 days old.  He officially turns 4 months on June 1st!  We've had a busy month so far!

Wriston and I took a trip to Newberry a few weeks ago to see Jennifer, a friend from law school, get married!  We went with Paige and Kendall.  Wriston was the cutest guy there if I do say so myself.  The picture on the left was taken a few minutes before deciding to sleep through the ceremony!   Jennifer looked stunning and we had a great time catching up with our friends from law school! 

The following weekend, Wriston and Stephen went to visit his Nana, Stephen's mom, as her birthday was on the 20th.  While they visited, I went to get a hair cut and color.   Much needed.  I hoped to take a picture with W afterwards, but he seemed a little "off."  Both Saturday and Sunday night, W was up every few hours - finding it difficult to sleep.

This past Sunday, Wriston ate rice cereal for the FIRST TIME!  He seemed to like it. 

 Monday, the poor guy woke up and actually did not seem to want his bottle.  Odd.  He ended up drinking but did not seem so happy.  I also noticed that what I thought might be ant bites on his legs were getting worse.  I let daycare know that if he seemed off to please call us and we would take him to the Doctor.  A few hours later, they called as he was not taking a bottle and was crying.  So, that afternoon, we found out my poor baby had Hand Mouth Foot Virus.  The "bites" were really blisters starting to form.  The Dr said it shows up because the baby is fighting the infection.  Needless to say, no meds except for Tylenol.  Really?!  Ugh.  So, we kept Wrist out of daycare for the week. 


Leaving the Dr's office!

Let me say that I hope NO ONE gets this awful virus.  Basically, it's a horrific sore throat that can cause the baby to not want to eat/drink because it hurts so bad.  I even had to leave work one day to try to get Wrist to take a bottle.  Poor guy was MISERABLE!  When he was not sleeping or doped up on Tylenol, he wimpered and cried.  He cried himself to sleep.  Having a sick baby is so hard as a parent because you can only wait it out... I rocked him, I held him, I loved on him but he was still in pain.  Luckily, by Thursday morning, he seemed a lot better, although not 100%.  We are so thankful he is back on the road to recovery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment