Sunday, May 8, 2011

FIRST Mother's Day!

Wow!  I knew this year would bring about a lot of firsts - first word, first Christmas, first step - but I never really considered my first Mother's Day!  Stephen and I were blessed with being able to have Wriston after months of trying, but I cannot help but think of those who have not been as fortunate.  For the mothers out there, to the one trying to conceive or even those who one day hope to be a mother, Happy Mother's Day! 

Mom and I are really close.  She is a wonderful mother, sister, wife, grandmother and friend.. to name a few.  She taught me a lot and I really only hope that one day I can be as great of a mother to Wriston and any other children who may come our way as she is to us.  And really, for her to put up with me, well, that says a lot!

My Mother's Day weekend was perfect!  Friday night, Stephen and I, along with my parents, took Wriston to the Strawberry Festival in Fort Mill.  We saw a few of our fellow Fort Millians and ate some good food. 

Saturday, Stephen took me to buy the gift Wriston wanted to buy for me - a brand new laptop!  Wahoo!   We also went to dinner at Bonefish Grill and YUM is all I can say!  Anyway, I think Stephen let him spend more money on me becccaauuuseeee....

Today, Stephen brought home his brand new (early Father's Day gift) zero-turn riding lawn mower!  We went to buy the trailer for it today and honestly, I do not know if Stephen or the men at Home Depot were more excited!  Stephen let me drive it around the yard.  Fun times!  Also, today I received a card from Wriston that he signed himself --- hence the pen mark on his leg.  Oh boy!

So, in honor of my first Mother's Day, let's take a look at how much my lil boy has grown since his conception... the very moment that made me a mommy!
It starts at 6 wks, 4 days




If only we knew then, he was stuck like that - breached!


Thanks to my fabulous son Wriston for making today such a wonderful and special day for me!  I love you, your daddy and the rest of our family so very much! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww sounds like a GREAT first Mother's Day! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete