Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where does the time go?!

I cannot believe it is already May!  I am so behind on this blog!  If I end up getting a laptop for Mother's Day (hint, hint Stephen/Wriston), I may be able to update this a little more often!

Wriston is now officially THREE MONTHS old!  Where does the time go?  I posted this on facebook but I'll reiterate here - Stephen and I MADE IT... we SURVIVED!  When Wriston first came into the world, he was having to eat every two hours.  So, by the time we changed him, possibly changed an outfit or two, fed him, rocked him and prayed he went to sleep -- it was time to eat again!   No rest for the weary!  Needless to say, we're finally at a really wonderful schedule.  Wriston is in bed between 8-830 and sleeps until 545ish - 7ish.  What a difference a few hours of sleep can be for us and Wriston! 

After a little over three months of being away from work, I am going back tomorrow.  I'm really sad to leave him.  Nothing is better than walking into his room and seeing him smile his gorgeous smile once he sees us!  I am going to miss all our conversations during the day - even if 99.97865% of it is gibberish.  I am going to miss rocking him to sleep before naps, holding him when he needs to be held and watching him develop!  I know I can still do a lot of these things after work and on the weekends, but being away from him hours at a time will be hard.  I can do it.. I can do it.  Being a full-time stay at home mommy would be wonderful, but I guess I decided I would opt out of that once I decided to spend a whole heck of a lot of money on law school.  And I guess a part of me feels like I want to contribute financially (let's keep that between us and not tell Stephen -- we know he doesn't read this blog) and continue meeting wonderful people at work and in the "outside" world.  Now, if I did not have the massive law school debt, I might feel differently!  Ah, 15 years from now... wow... Wriston may start driving before that loan is paid off.  Ok, let's not discuss debt as I do not want to depress myself.

So, a few weeks ago, Stephen and I took Wriston and had some photos made of us!  Here are three of my favorites!  I'll post the rest of them on facebook later.   Enjoy!



I really want Wriston to have a lot of pictures to look back on when he's older.  Maybe when HE has children of his own (decadeS from now), he will want to compare his baby pictures to his baby's pictures.  I really do not think I have a lot of baby pictures taken of me... which is odd considering I was the last of 4 and the only girl.  Hmm.  I feel the love.

As to update you on Wriston's development, he really loves to hold his own hands... like the "I'm plotting something" look.  He loves to play on his playmat and is still trying to sit on his own.  He has a Bumbo now and sits in that OK.  He's surely growing. 

To those unsure about whether they want kids or even want them right now... I recommend it (at least if you're willing to make sacrifices on your personal time and put someone else first)!  Do Stephen and I stay home more?  Sure.  Do we miss out on wild and crazy trips out of town?  Sure.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.  Wriston is my heart and soul.  I don't know how Stephen and I made such a beautiful and loving baby, but he's perfect in every single way. Nothing is better than walking into a room and Wriston seeing us and grinning or being the one who he wants to hold him.  God is good. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, he is definitely a precious baby! I know you'll be so sad to have to leave him. Good luck though! You'll both be fine! <3

    ReplyDelete