Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Reminders

Stephen, Wriston and I had a great weekend.  Except for Saturday evening, the weather was perfect!  Wriston and I were able to buy some flowers on Friday afternoon to plant over the weekend.  We are very excited for the warm weather to stay and I look forward to Wriston's first time at the beach, in the pool, in a bathing suit... all the other summer firsts!!

Friday evening, we met our friends Hope and Charlie out for dinner.  Hope and Charlie were in town for the night as they were flying out of Charlotte to visit Charlie's relatives in California.  Hope and I met in the Fall of 1999 at Columbia College.  She was my suitemate our freshman year.  We became instant friends and remained close over the past years!  It was nice to see the Cole family!

Spending time with Hope made me realize how nice it is to have such wonderful friends in our lives.  It is great being able to not talk to a friend for a while and act as if you were never apart.  I am lucky to surround myself with people who make our friendship so easy!  Life is busy with a baby and sometimes sending a text message can seem to hard to fit into my day so it is nice to be able to get together with my besties and not feel like I missed out on anything.  I think back to my middle school days -- friendships were so complicated!   I remember ending friendships and starting them back up within minutes ... how hard we made them seem!  And now, as I get older, my friends become my family.  We can talk about anything - the good and bad - and still remain the best of friends.

So, to all my friends out there -- THANK YOU for your patience, understand, love and support!  I love all of you so very much.  And thank you for playing such an important role in my family's life.

2 comments:

  1. No problem Mandy! What kind of flowers did you plant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh Jake. We do love you and yours, Mandy! <3

    ReplyDelete