Tuesday, April 5, 2011

9 weeks!

WRISTON CAN WEAR PANTS!!!

I am SO extremely happy!!  With Wriston's harness, we were told he could only wear pants over the legs, but would likely need pants a size up.  I was a little skeptical.  Then, this morning after his bath, I decided to put him in his cute "I love Mommy" shirt (sized 3-6 mths) and saw it was a little big so I was curious whether the pants would fit -- and look, they do!!!  I do feel better knowing he doesn't have to show his legs when it's freezing outside.  If the weather decides to stay warm then my lil guy can wear some shorts and all will be dandy!  Until then... I at least have a few pairs of pants that will fit over his brace!!!!

We hit the 9 weeks mark today!  Unreal!  I am so lucky to be able to stay home a few more weeks and continue to watch him grow.  I think we almost have his neck in full working capacity!!  YAY!  I am not so nervous with holding him with one hand and having to reach with another --- although, I still have to be careful as his neck has a mind of its own sometimes.  Once the head is 100%, it will be time to learn to crawl and sit!  I need to talk to the Orthopedist about how we can do some tummy time on the floor... I think he can do it but I'm a little nervous to try in the harness.  Luckily, we go back to the Ortho tomorrow morning.

He is quite the ham!  He loves to talk and play and starting last week, he began sticking out his tongue at me first!  What a smart guy!  He must take after his momma parents - ha!

Going back to work in a few weeks is going to be horrible... what will I miss?  Let's hope none of his "firsts!"

As I said, tomorrow we go back to the pediatric orthopedist to have his straps tightened or redone.  I think my 24 incher may need us to cut out the toes on the little socklets attached to the brace as his feet are bigger!  I'll let you all know how the appointment goes tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment