Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Daddy! Love, Wriston

Happy First Father's Day to my darling husband Stephen!  One of the best parts about being a parent is seeing your husband as a daddy.  It cannot be beat.  Stephen is a great husband - he's so laid back, easy going, non-confrontational... basically, my opposite.  As a father, he's just the same, but the best sides of him come out - the loving, caring, can't-wait-to-get-home-to-see-my-baby side!  Who knew we would race upstairs to see who Wriston smiles at first after his nap OR even who would Wriston want to rock him when he's ready for bed.  Being a father is a great role for Stephen - it fits him like a glove.  I think when we first met, I knew he was a great family man so it made sense for us to want a family.  Wriston is lucky to have him as a daddy and I cannot wait for him to say so himself.
Our weekend was a little crazy.  While Stephen was away on a fishing trip, Wriston and I decided to do some shoppping on Saturday! With his harness officially coming off in ONE WHOLE WEEK (you may recall, he's still wearing it for night/naps), I decided it was time for him to get new pajamas with feet in them.  He's been in PJs that do not have feet as the harness does not work otherwise.  We bought the 9 mth pjs and I think he'll fit into them fine.   He's a big boy! 

This morning, Father's Day started off at 6:45 am.  Wriston was talking to himself in the crib and playing with his blanket - now THAT is something wonderful to wake up to in the morning.  We fed him and put him down for a nap.  We then went to a NEW church to visit and really seemed to like it.  We visited a church about 2 weeks ago but the congregation was too small and were an older bunch.  We are really looking for a church with a decent younger adult bunch so we can meet more people our age and have Wriston around others his age.  The church today is a Presbyterian USA (that's our preference anyway) and I really liked the sermon about having hope.  Sometimes, it takes a sermon for things to just "click" in your own life.  I think we may go back there on Sunday. After church, we picked up a few items for dinner.  For dinner, we fixed some chicken kabobs, rice, baked beans and rolls.  Yum.  We cooked at mom and dad's house so Dad could enjoy a Father's Day dinner too! 

While it has been a great Father's Day for us, I cannot help but think of those who are not close to their father or have lost their father.  I think of my parents and wonder if they miss their parents.  I dread the day I face it, but hope to make many more memories with the ones I love so when the time comes, we can look back on the positive times in our lives together.  I wish everyone a peaceful day today.  We prayed for you today in church and we will do so again.  We are thinking of you all.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post on here. It sounds like you all had a great Father's Day! And I'm excited you liked the church. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete