Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 1 - Done!

Today is the final day of Week 1 in the Biggest Loser Competition.  I think I did fairly well this week - went to the gym 5 times, dieted nicely and learned a lot in our nutrition class.  At my weigh in this week (remember, we're required to weigh in weekly), I lost almost 1.5 lbs!  WOW!  I think that's great!  I really did not expect to lose any weight at all, so ANY weight off is welcomed.

I guess I realized this week that dieting is time consuming.  To avoid finding myself wanting something at a drive thru or giving up and hitting the vending machine, I am packing my lunch and snacks.  The lady who held our class on Tuesday (I'll call her a nutritionist even though she's not officially one - she's just an instructer with experience/knowledge on diets/plans) said we need to eat every 3 hours.  Each meal should include a protein, carb and a little fat and each meal should be the size of two fists.  I ended up going to the store and buying a lot of good proteins to help out during snack time.

Also, after talking to another training, I've decided to follow a modified Eat Clean diet.  Eat Clean basically means you avoid eating anything white -white flour, white rice, etc.  What I learned is that even if breads or foods say "whole wheat," that is not necessarily true.  I learned how to read labels and make sure I am buying foods that are "clean."  I am starting the diet with a modified approach to ease into the program and hope to eventually switch over 100%.

Overall, I am excited to see what happens over the next seven weeks!!  Keep sending positive thoughts and encouraging words my way :)  Every bit helps.

The night before our wedding!!
Noooowww... to change topics, today is my 7 year anniversary with Stephen!!   What can I say about him that you do not already know.  I absolutely lucked out when Stephen decided to come see me in Columbia back in my Columbia College days.  He has always loved me for me.  He has accepted my quirkiness, my loudness, my passion for life, friends and family and my faults.  While he is my opposite and some view him as a complete opposite, until you really get to know Stephen, see him in his quiet moments, see him when no one is looking - see what I (and a few close family and friends see), it's hard to understand how we even came to love one another.  Truth
8-7-2004

is - Stephen is just as quirky, loud, funny, opinionated and silly.  Yes, he lets things "roll off" instead of taking them so seriously, but that's what I love - he is the one to balance me out.  And having him as Wriston's dad just makes him an even better husband.  I love him more and more each day.  I love him for everything he stands for and everything he hopes to be.  I love his drive, dedication, honesty and love for knowledge.  So to sum this all up, I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together.  He is my best friend.  I love you, Stephen!

1 comment:

  1. You're precious! Happy Anniversary to one of my very favorite couples! And it is GREAT that you lost 1.5 pounds this week! I am so proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete