Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Month = New Me w/a 6 Month old!

 
Finally August - hard to believe I have a SIX month old now!  We went on vacation a few weeks ago to Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  We (the Todd's) rented a house on the beach and it was literally right off our back porch.  We had a very relaxing trip and Wriston seemed to enjoy the beach.  He was not out too much, but was able to stick his feet in the sand, the ocean and mostly, in his mouth!  While at the beach, numerous "firsts" came - Wriston was able to sit up on his own, Wriston got in his FIRST tooth and then two days later, got his SECOND tooth!  My baby has TWO teeth!  And of course, Wriston being the sweetest baby did not seem to complain/fuss about his gums hurting.  He is a trooper! 

As we know, this month is super special for numerous reasons!  First, Stephen and I have our SEVEN year anniversary this year!  How wonderful for us!  We celebrate our anniversary this Sunday, August 7th.  No real plans at the moment and presents are being postponed.  Second, Mom celebrates her birthday on the 21st and then third, Dad and I share our birthday on the 23rd!  I will finally be (what I use to consider OLD) the big 30! 

Being a mom has really changed me and all for the better.  While Stephen may disagree, I am more patient, maybe more understanding, more loving, more family-oriented, more loyal to friends, more accepting of others, more faithful to God and a believer in myself.  With all the health issues in my family, I really want to make sure that I am the best not only for myself, not only for Stephen, but for Wriston.  He deserves me at my best.  God blessed me with him and I owe Him lots. 

So, it seemed like a twist of fate that I received an email from my gym (that I've been a member of but not visited since a little after I found out I was pregnant) for the Biggest Loser Contest.  Basically, the contestants have to be able to lose at least 15 lbs, work out at the gym 4 times a week and (while optional) attend a class that gives out nutrional info the first half and then a workout class for the second half.  The contest began on Monday, the 1st.  I weighed in and was not surprised (or pleased) with the results.  However, it is the beginning and what matters if the effort and the results at the end.  The contest last eight weeks and has weekly weigh-ins.  This week, I met with a personal trainer on Sunday go to over the exercises I needed to do and discussed diets.  Monday, I did the exercises we did on Sunday.  Tuesday, I attended the class and workout class, which ended up being Kickboxing!  Every class has a different type of exercise class at the end of it.  Today, I worked later and am taking the night off.  I will be back tomorrow and Friday. 

I will try to post pictures of me weekly so we can see if anyone notices a difference.  I am really excited about the possibilities ahead of me as well as the diet I decided to follow.  While nothing "official," I am going to try to eat "clean" as well as calorie count.  I learned a few things in class last night that I think will help put me on the right track to eating right and losing weight.  So, watch out - come October, I hope to be healthier!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Mandy! I know you'll do great! I wanna know more about the diet/nutrition plan. Love you! And that sweet lil 6 month old of yours!

    ReplyDelete