Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 9 - OUCH!

Just returned from my second gym nutrition and workout class for the Biggest Loser Contest.  Wow.  I really learned a lot.  We went over the harmful effects of too much sodium in food, even those hid in so called "healthy" microwaveable foods.  I was amazed to learn how much sodium and sugar are also in foods in restaurants.  It seems eating at home is really the only safe option.  We went over the top 30th saltiest foods - check out this list!  Who kne w some of the things are on there were unhealthy!  Instead of eating the daily recommended amount of 1500 mg of sodiumn/day, we'd eat three or four times that amount in ONE meal (also, notice some of these CALORIES!  WOW).  And then, once you are done there, check the sugar intake in some of these drinks!  I really am enjoying the class, the new friends and the new ME :0)

So, why OUCH?  As you are aware, this is really my first time back in the gym since having Wriston over six months ago.  I consider myself healed from the c-section even though I was advised not to have a second child til after 18 months of having Wriston (no worries there!) because of the internal healing that takes a little longer.   Until now, I never noticed any pain and all has gone smoothly.  Well, I ended up doing my exercise routine and when I got to the ab machine (w/weights), I really felt intense pain coming from my incision site.  I quit immediately and looked it up online (as it was after Dr's hours).  Everyone said they had the same issues and it was just the muscles building back up.  I decided to work out for two more days and if the pain continued, I would call the Dr. So, then yesterday, I realized that after doing the crunches/ab machine for over a week, I felt little to no pain... I even increased the weights.  YAY!  I am happy the muscles are healing now even if at a slow and slightly painful pace!

Tonight, at our bootcamp following the nutrition segment, we did continuous rotations of lunges, ab workouts, step aerobics, weight training and resistance bands and boy oh boy, I am SORE.  My abs are hurting along with my legs.  Wowzer. 

No pain, no gain... right?

3 comments:

  1. No pain, no gain! So glad your incision area didn't continue to hurt! So proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add in time for an epsom salt bath after the workouts...it really helps reduce the day after aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, i just looked at the saltiest list and I was shocked at some of them. That is crazy!! Congrats on your loss last week! :O)

    ReplyDelete